Tuna Pate is just so easy and quick!
- 5 minutes to prepare.
- Ingredients from the store cupboard.
- Make it ahead – it will be fine in a sealed container and kept in the fridge for a couple of days.
- Versatile – use for Tapas, Mezze, hors d’oevre, sandwiches, with salad.
- Use it even as the protein for a main course, perhaps as a filling for baked potatoes?
The recipe, I will give you here is the bare bones – 4 ingredients – but there are lots of variations
- Instead of the butter, I used to bind it this time, you could substitute cream cheese, crème fraiche, mayonnaise.
- Add finely chopped onions, capers, chopped parsley.
KEY POINTS Preparation time : 5 min Cooking time : None Difficulty? : Easy Freezing? : No Portions : 4 as a tapas or 2 as a main course.
- 185g can tuna fish in brine, drained
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- lemon juice – about 1 teaspoon
- freshly ground black pepper
The eagle eyed among you will note a jar of olives shown above. This picture was taken on a previous occasion when I forgot to photograph the finished dish!
- Place all ingredients in an electric blender or food processor, adding pepper to taste. A fork will do the trick but take longer.
- Work until smooth, transfer to a dish & chill for about 2 hours, or until required.
- Serve garnished with lemon slices.